Welcome to my site
Khuong A. Vo
Donald Bren Hall 3069
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3435, USA
I am a first-year Ph.D. student at the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences, University of California at Irvine. I am advised by Prof. Nikil Dutt and Prof. Hung Cao in the fields of Healthcare Internet of Things and Biomedical Signal Processing with Deep Learning.
I received my B.Eng. (Honors) degree in CS from HCMC University of Technology, Vietnam National University in 2017. I have experience in doing research in both academia and industry. My previous research focused on Statistical Natural Language Processing. I helped develop a large-scale sentiment analysis engine for SocialHeat and SociaLift - leading social monitoring platforms in Vietnam.
- K. Vo, T. Le, A.M. Rahmani, N. Dutt, and H. Cao. “An Efficient and Robust Deep Learning Method with 1-D Octave Convolution to Extract Fetal Electrocardiogram”, Sensors, MDPI, Volume 20, Issue 13, 2020 (Impact Factor: 3.275).
- K. Vo, T. Nguyen, D. Pham, M. Nguyen, M. Truong, T. Mai, and T. Quan. “Combination of Domain Knowledge and Deep Learning for Sentiment Analysis of Short and Informal Messages on Social Media”, International Journal of Computational Vision and Robotics, Inderscience Publisher, Volume 9, Issue 5, 2019 (Scopus).
- K. Vo, Nguyen, D. Pham, M. Nguyen, M. Truong, D. Nguyen, and T. Quan. “Handling Negative Mentions on Social Media Channels using Deep Learning”, Journal of Information and Telecommunication, Taylor & Francis Publisher, Volume 3, Issue 3, 2019.
- T.-Y. Lee, K. Vo, W. Baek, M. Khine, and N. Dutt. “STINT: Selective Transmission for Low-Energy Physiological Monitoring”, in Proceedings of 2020 IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED), IEEE, Boston, USA, August 2020.
- K. Vo, D. Pham, M. Nguyen, T. Mai and T. Quan. “Combination of Domain Knowledge and Deep Learning for Sentiment Analysis”, in Proceedings of the 11th Multi-disciplinary International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence (MIWAI), LNAI, Springer-Verlag, Brunei, November 2017.
- A.K. Vo, T.K. Dang, and J. Küng. “A NoSQL Data-based Personalized Recommendation System for C2C e-Commerce”, in Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems and Applications (DEXA), LNCS, Springer-Verlag, Lyon, France, August 2017.
- D. Nguyen, K. Vo, D. Pham, M. Nguyen, and T. Quan. “A Deep Architecture for Sentiment Analysis of News Articles”, in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computer Science, Applied Mathematics and Applications (ICCSAMA), LNCS, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, June-July 2017.
- T.K. Dang, D.D. Ho, D.M.C. Pham, A.K. Vo, and H.H. Nguyen. “A Cross-Checking Based Method for Fraudulent Detection on E-commercial Crawling Data”, in Proceedings of the 2016 International Conference on Advanced Computing and Applications (ACOMP), IEEE CPS, Can Tho, Vietnam, November 2016.
- A Winner of the UCI Machine Learning Hackathon - Outstanding Submission Award, UC Irvine, 2020.
- Innovative Asia Scholarship, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), 2017.
- Globalink Research Scholarship, Mitacs, 2015.