Welcome to my site
Khuong A. Vo
Donald Bren Hall 3069
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3435, USA
I am a first-year Ph.D. student at the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences, University of California at Irvine. I am advised by Prof. Nikil Dutt and Prof. Hung Cao in the fields of AI and IoT in healthcare.
I received my B.Eng. (Honors) degree in CS from HCMC University of Technology, Vietnam National University in 2017. I have experience in doing research in both academia and industry. My previous research focused on applying machine learning and deep learning to solve real-world problems, especially in the social media and e-commerce fields.
- Khuong VO, Tri NGUYEN, Dang PHAM, Mao NGUYEN, Minh TRUONG, Trung MAI and Tho QUAN. “Combination of Domain Knowledge and Deep Learning for Sentiment Analysis of Short and Informal Messages on Social Media”, International Journal of Computational Vision and Robotics, Inderscience Publisher, 2018, accepted (Scopus)
- Khuong VO, Tri NGUYEN, Dang PHAM, Mao NGUYEN, Minh TRUONG, Dinh NGUYEN and Tho QUAN. “Handling Negative Mentions on Social Media Channels using Deep Learning”, Journal of Information and Telecommunication, Taylor & Francis Publisher, 2018, accepted
- Khuong VO, Dang PHAM, Mao NGUYEN, Trung MAI and Tho QUAN. “Combination of Domain Knowledge and Deep Learning for Sentiment Analysis”, in Proceedings of the 11th Multi-disciplinary International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence (MIWAI), LNAI, Springer-Verlag, Brunei, November 2017
- Tran Khanh DANG, An Khuong VO and Josef KÜNG. “A NoSQL Data-based Personalized Recommendation System for C2C e-Commerce”, in Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems and Applications (DEXA), LNCS, Springer-Verlag, Lyon, France, August 2017
- Dinh NGUYEN, Khuong VO, Dang PHAM, Mao NGUYEN and Tho QUAN. “A Deep Architecture for Sentiment Analysis of News Articles”, in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computer Science, Applied Mathematics and Applications (ICCSAMA), LNCS, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, June-July 2017
- Tran Khanh DANG, Duc Dan HO, Duc Minh Chau PHAM, An Khuong VO and Huu Huy NGUYEN. “A Cross-Checking Based Method for Fraudulent Detection on E-commercial Crawling Data”, in Proceedings of the 2016 International Conference on Advanced Computing and Applications (ACOMP), IEEE CPS, Can Tho, Vietnam, November 2016
- Innovative Asia Scholarship, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), 2017.
- Mitacs Globalink Research Scholarship , 2015.